- Basmati rice
- Rye (mustard seeds)
- Kadhi patta
- Whole red peppers
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice
- Green coriander, chopped
- Pick, wash the rice and soak for ½ hour. Heat oil. Add hing, rye , kadhi patta and red pepper.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the drained rice and turn around to mix well.
- Add turmeric, salt and 1 ½ cups water; bring to a boil uncovered.
- When it boils, sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice. Cover the pan and lower the heat. Cook till the rice is done (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the flame, mix in the lemon juice and half of the green coriander. Serve garnished with the remaining green coriander.