- 1/2 cup broken wheat (dalia)
- 1 cup cucumber cubes
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp oil for cooking
To be mixed into a dressing:
- Boil vesselful of water and add the oil and salt to it.
- Add the broken wheat and boil for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Drain, wash with cold water and drain again.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, pour the dressing over it and toss well.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.