- 1/2 cup moong (whole green gram) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 4 to 5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For The Garnish
Spring of coriander (dhania)
- Combine the moong and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Do not drain the water.
- Blend the moong using a hand blender till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the blended moong mixture, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium fame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprig of coriander.