- Spinach finely chopped
- 15-20 leaves
- Split green gram skinless (dhuli moong dal) 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Garlic,chopped 6-8 cloves
- Ginger,chopped 1 inch piece
- Green chillies seeded and chopped
- 2 Onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Cook moong dal with half the turmeric powder and asafoetida till soft. Heat oil (or ghee) in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, green chillies and sauté for one minute. Add onion and continue to sauté till onion gets lightly browned.
- Add spinach and sauté for half a minute. Add the remaining turmeric powder and stir. Add dal and mix well.
- Add one cup water and salt and stir. Add lemon juice just before serving.