- 1/2 cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions whites
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh curds (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp oil for kneading
- ragi (nachni / red millet) flour for rolling
- oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 125 mm (5″) diameter, using a little ragi flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately.
Variation: Ragi Dosa/chilla
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of rice flour and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency and continue to make dosas.