Servings: 17-18 pieces
- 1 cup samak ke chawal
- ½” ginger piece – chopped finely
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2-3 green chillies – slit lengthwise
- 2-3 tbsp ghee/oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 large potatoes – boil and mash (1 cup) for binding as per need
- Radish – grated
- 1 tbsp raisins (kishmish) – chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and radish leaves
- 1-2 green chillies – chopped finely
- salt to taste (1-1¼ tsp)
- cumin powder and pepper to taste
- oil for roasting
- To make rice, wash rice 2-3 times. Keep aside. Heat ghee/oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds turn brown, add green chillies and ginger. Stir. Add salt. Add washed rice and 1½ cups water. Pressure cook to give one whistle. Remove from heat. Let it remain covered for 8-10 minutes, till the pressure drops by itself.
- Mix all other ingredients with rice.
- Make tikkis and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Pan roast in pan to golden brown and serve hot with green chutney.