- Dhuli moong ki daal soaked for 2-3 hr
- Ginger, sliced thinly
- Green chillies,slit
- Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Turmeric powder
- Green coriander
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Drain the moong daal ; leaves in the colander for a few minutes.
- Dry roast the zeera and hing. When the seeds splutter add the ginger and green chillies and light sauté it.
- Add the daal, coriander,salt , red chilli powder, turmeric and mix well.
- Add 1 ¼ cup water; bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 15 minutes or till cooked through. The water should be absorbed.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander and lemon wedges.