- Vermicelli 2 cups
- Carrot 1/2 inch cubes1 medium
- Cauliflower 5-6 florets
- Green peas 1/4 cup
- Green capsicum seeded and cubed1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger chopped1 inch piece
- Onion chopped1 medium
- Green chillies slit2
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Boil carrot and cauliflower in two cups of water till nearly done. Add French beans and peas and boil further for five minutes. Drain and cool.
- Heat five cups of water, bring it to a boil, add vermicelli, salt and two tablespoons of oil. Cook for one minute or till slightly underdone.
- Drain, refresh under cold water and keep aside. Heat remaining oil in a pan, temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add ginger and onion. Sauté well till the onion turns light brown.
- Add green chillies and stir. Add the cooked vegetables, green capsicum, turmeric powder and sauté for four to five minutes. Add cooked vermicelli, salt and stir gently.
- Cook for five to six minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in lemon juice and serve hot.