- 300 grams of whole wheat pasta, boiled as per instructions,
- 5-6 medium tomatoes, blanched and pureed,
- 5-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped,
- 200 grams of carrots and beans, finely chopped,
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cream,
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 tsp of black pepper,
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried thyme, and
- Salt to taste.
- Take the specified amount of extra virgin olive oil into a pan and immediately add the finely chopped garlic.
- Do not brown it much and add the finely chopped vegetables. I used carrots and beans, but you can add any other vegetable of your choice.
- Stir roast on a very high flame for about 2-3 minutes and then add the freshly made tomato puree. Simmer the tomato mixture, for about another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked.
- Then add the fresh cream at this stage and cook for another 5 minutes, on low flame.
- Now add the dried herbs, as mentioned.
- Finally, add the salt and pepper and smooth in the sauce till thick and creamy.
- Place pasta, which has already been boiled, onto a plate and pour a generous serving of the tomato sauce over it.